Saturday 23 March 2013

Croissants and Homemade Easter Eggs

With snow on the ground outside gardening has been out of the question this weekend, so I decided to spend some time baking instead. In the fridge I had a can of Jus Rol Croissants which I've not tried before and was somewhat sceptical about, but I was pleasantly surprised with the results.


You simply unwrap the can, and unroll the sheet of pre-marked pastry and cut into triangles. Then simply roll up and twist into a croissant shape and pop in the oven.


The croissants were quite small but light and tasty, and being smaller than the ones you buy in the supermarket is the perfect excuse to indulge in a second!


 After dinner I was at a loose end so I decided to try out the new easter egg moulds I purchased a few days ago from Hobbycraft. They were on sale for £1 and contained 2 sets of small and 2 large easter egg moulds. 


I didn't want to spend too much money on chocolate as it was just a fun little project to fill my evening, so I bought 3 bags of Asda buttons on offer at 3 for £1 (2 milk chocolate and 1 white chocolate) and had plenty to fill the small trays. I also used some heart chocolate shapes I had in my cupboard in the mould and then poured in a little melted chocolate to decorate some of the eggs. 



And here's the finished result! They're a little messy but next time I won't fill the moulds as much. Even so they tasted delicious :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Coronavirus lockdown diary weeks 11 & 12

After three months, tomorrow marks the start of shops reopening. As much as I'd like to look round, I think there will be long queues an...