Friday 8 March 2013

A few new purchases...

Retail therapy was calling this week, and with free train tickets I had no excuse not to take a trip out for a few hours of shopping. Unfortunately it was a whistle-stop tour of the shops as I had to get back in time for work in the afternoon, and I only bought two things from Primark and picked up my online order from Next, but I did have a great lunch with my mum at Cafe Rouge, (although a forty minute wait for our order meant we missed out on calling on a few more shops on our way back to the station :( ! ) Anyway here are my two tiny purchases from Primark:

These slippers were just £1 on sale from £3.50 and I love the cute little butterfly buttons on them!

I couldn't resist the gorgeous print on this tea towel and at only £1.20 my mind was made up in an instant! Having got it home I'm now hoping to pick up a couple more as I think it would make a lovely cushion with a few sequin embellishments or an apron with a co-ordinating blue ribbon.

I also picked up a new dress on a quick visit to town yesterday too. I'd been looking for a cosy dress for ages and I found just what I was looking for in Dorothy Perkins, and best of all it was on sale for £12 and I had a £10 gift voucher from the McCain website for just playing a few games!



Before all the rain arrived I also had time to get out in the garden this week and have now sown some early pea, early carrot, sweet pea and spring onion seeds to join my beefsteak tomatoes, pansies and the chilis i'm plantsitting! I've also potted up two lovely climbing roses that i'm hoping to grow on my balcony and have a couple more to plant out in the garden when the rain goes away. I just need to find time to sow some parsnip and cherry tomato seeds now and then I can relax until April!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Coronavirus lockdown diary weeks 11 & 12

After three months, tomorrow marks the start of shops reopening. As much as I'd like to look round, I think there will be long queues an...