Wednesday 27 March 2013

Primark Nail Caviar Review

I've been intrigued by the introduction of 'nail caviar' in recent months, but having read mostly negative reviews on the MUA constellations, being put off the price of the original ciate caviar and failing to track down any of Poundland's version, I thought I was destined to give it a miss. That was until I spotted a 3D manicure kit at Primark, no less. Essentially exactly the same as 'nail caviar', the Primark version comes with a nail varnish, a bottle of tiny beads which are a pretty mix of silver, pink and pearl, and a handy funnel.



So the idea is that you paint your nail, then pour over the beads making sure you have a tray underneath to collection them, press them down slightly so they set in the polish, and then pour the left over beads back in the bottle using the funnel. As I was trying the beads out before work I kept it to just one nail per hand having heard that they don't last long, and I used another nail polish which complemented it for the rest of my nails (a No 7 polish in shade 'Milan' which I've previously reviewed).


I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to do and how evenly the beads went on considering I was trying to do it quickly. After work one of the nails had lost a few beads but the other still looks perfectly intact, which again I was quite surprised about as my nail polish had chipped and smudged while I was working. Overall I was quite impressed by the Primark kit, and at just £2.50 it is the cheapest nail caviar kit i've seen (with the exception of the elusive Poundland one). The beads probably aren't very practical for everyday wear, but a fun novelty and ideal for evenings out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Coronavirus lockdown diary weeks 11 & 12

After three months, tomorrow marks the start of shops reopening. As much as I'd like to look round, I think there will be long queues an...