Tuesday 2 April 2013

Skincare Essentials ♥

The wintery weather is doing its best to take its toll on my skin, but I'm lucky to have a box full of lovely skincare treats which are helping keep it in good condition. I've picked out my favourite trusted skincare treats below which I love using for a pampering afternoon and can rely on for a quick-fix.

Lush Tea Tree Toner Tabs
I became a fan of these a while back and now always make sure I have a couple of tabs on standby in my beauty box. They contain tea tree and aloe vera to calm and soothe problem skin. They're simple and easy to use, you just put them in a bowl of hot water and steam your face for 5-10minutes (the longer the better I find) and then cleanse and moisturize afterwards. Immediately after steaming my skin feels refreshed and deep-cleansed but I always use mine the day before an event or day out because that's when I really notice the difference and have visibly calmer and softer skin and a more even skin tone.
 


Soap & Glory 'The Breakfast Scrub'
This is one of my all-time favourite exfoliating scrubs. It contains almond, honey and banana extracts along with oat, sugar and shea butter, and has a good-enough-to-eat maple fragrance. The sugar and oats provide a really good exfoliating base without being too abrasive and the shea butter means its moisturizing too. It leaves my skin feeling very soft and smooth and I'll definitely be replacing it when I run out.



The Sanctuary Hand Cream and Intensive Rescue Heel Balm
With almond oil and shea butter the hand cream is a lightweight, quickly absorbed lotion which leaves your hands soft and smelling sweet. It's great to apply on-the-go as it isn't too rich and helps stop my hands from getting to dry in this harsh weather.  The Heel Balm is one of my favourite beauty products and the best foot moisturiser I think I've ever come across. I use this after a bath and then put on a pair of fluffy socks for the evening and by the time I go to bed the lotion has worked it's magic. I've recently bought a replacement (although the first one lasted nearly a year) and yet every time I'm surprised at how soft my feet are after using this! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Coronavirus lockdown diary weeks 11 & 12

After three months, tomorrow marks the start of shops reopening. As much as I'd like to look round, I think there will be long queues an...