Monday 8 April 2013

Poundland Nail Stamping Kit Review

A few weeks ago I read about Poundland's Nail Stamping Kit which has received some glowing reviews online. Intrigued by the idea I was keen to give it a go and managed to track down a kit last week. In the kit you get a metal plate engraved with several designs, (the one I bought had flowers and a butterfly as per the picture below), a rubber stamp and a plastic scraper.


 You have to paint over your chosen design with polish, then use the scraper to remove excess varnish, press the stamp on to it and then press on to your nail. It took me a while to get the hang of it, and I still haven't quite perfected it but each time I try they're looking better! I've read a few handy tips online which have made it easier to apply; don't use a quick drying varnish, stamp quickly and the most useful tip I've read is to use a nail file on the stamp before you use it as the varnish sticks so much better.


It was a little tricky to get the hang of and it is quite time consuming if you are using a base coat, (which I would recommend as the stamps don't show up very well on clear nails), because you need to make sure the polish is completely dry before stamping on it to avoid smudges. However once you do get the hang of it it's quite fun and an easy way to try out nail art, as it's still quicker than having to draw on complicated designs and patterns. At just £1 I'd recommend trying them out purely for the fun factor anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Coronavirus lockdown diary weeks 11 & 12

After three months, tomorrow marks the start of shops reopening. As much as I'd like to look round, I think there will be long queues an...