Wednesday 3 April 2013

Plain Poundland Case to Pretty Floral Cover for £2.50!

I've been enjoying my new sewing machine a lot this week. I've already made a pretty cushion (which I blogged about here) and several drawstring bags which I'll probably post about soon, but today I made a case for my tablet to keep it safe from knocks and scratches. I cheated a little by purchasing a laptop case from Poundland like the ones below to use for the padding of my case to make sure it was secure enough (it was cheaper and simpler than buying foam too).


I then cut the case to size (in half approximately for a snug fit) and measured some pretty floral fabric for the cover, which only cost 75p for a fat quarter from my local haberdashery and I still have half of it left over. I purchased a zip in a matching pink from the market for 75p and then set about stitching it all together. Once the zip was attached to the fabric I just fitted the pre-cut poundland case inside and my new tablet case was ready for the grand total of £2.50!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Coronavirus lockdown diary weeks 11 & 12

After three months, tomorrow marks the start of shops reopening. As much as I'd like to look round, I think there will be long queues an...