Monday 18 January 2016

Book Review: Miracle on Regent Street by Ali Harris

I have just finished reading 'Miracle on Regent Street,' which is about a shy and unassuming stock room assistant named Evie, who works in Hardy's, an old fashioned and behind-the-times department store. I had been wanting to buy this book for a while but put it off whilst I had several other books on my shelf waiting to be read, but when I saw it on the shelf at Poundland of all places I couldn't say no.

Just a few weeks before Christmas stockroom assistant Evie finds out that unless the store makes a miraculous improvement in it's sales, then it is set to close. So supported by her colleagues she sets out on a secret mission to transform Hardy's, but is it enough to save the store?


I enjoyed the story, it had a feel good vibe and an underlying moral that you should follow your heart and your dreams whilst being set in the festive backdrop of London's Regent Street in the run up to Christmas. This is the sort of book you want to read wrapped up in a blanket with a mug of hot chocolate and the whole afternoon ahead of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Coronavirus lockdown diary weeks 11 & 12

After three months, tomorrow marks the start of shops reopening. As much as I'd like to look round, I think there will be long queues an...