Wednesday 19 June 2013

Seventeen Off the Wall Graffiti nail effects in "bluetone" Review

My nail varnish collection has suddenly doubled in size in recent weeks, and the latest additions to my collection are two blue varnishes from Boots (where all make-up is currently on a buy-one-get-one-half price offer, and they're giving out £3 off No7 make-up with purchases of £5 or more). The first is a deep french blue with a hint of metallic shine called "Betty Blues" by No7, and is the base coat in the picture below. The second is the nail varnish I'll be reviewing, a translucent blue polish by Seventeen densely packed with silver and black glitter pieces. It's part of their new "Off the Wall Graffiti Nail Effects" range and available in two shades, "bluetone", which is shown below, and "monochrome", which has black and white glitter.


I applied two coats of the No7 stay perfect varnish for the base, then a layer of Seventeen's glitter polish. If you shake the bottle well then one coat is enough to give an even coverage of glitter across the nails, but for the one or two that were left a little sparse I just let them dry and then added a second coat to make it more even. I really liked the overall look of the varnishes together, and although it is not very clear in the picture, the glitter reflected light to give a really pretty sparkle to my nails and it would be ideal for evenings out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Coronavirus lockdown diary weeks 11 & 12

After three months, tomorrow marks the start of shops reopening. As much as I'd like to look round, I think there will be long queues an...