Saturday 15 June 2013

Chocolate and Raspberry Cake

I recently bought a new little baking recipe book which is packed full of so many pretty cakes and desserts. Keen to put it to the test, yesterday I tried out the recipe for a "Valentine heart cake" - (it was meant to be made using a heart tin, but as the only heart moulds I have are quite small I stuck with regular cake tins) - a light chocolate sponge filled with a rich ganache icing and  fresh raspberrys.





The fresh raspberrys added a lovely burst of flavour to the sponge, and the ganache icing was rich but not overly so. It's already become one of my favourite cakes and according to friends it's as good as any you'd buy in a cafe or restaurant, so I'll upload the recipe over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Coronavirus lockdown diary weeks 11 & 12

After three months, tomorrow marks the start of shops reopening. As much as I'd like to look round, I think there will be long queues an...