Sunday 16 June 2013

Fathers Day Kiwi Cake!

I've been busy baking this weekend, and following on from the raspberry chocolate cake success I've made a cake for fathers day. My dad loves kiwi fruit so the "kiwi cake with citrus icing" from my new cake book seemed the perfect recipe!

I was a little sceptical at first that the kiwi fruit would be too bland or hinder the texture, but I was pleased to see that it held together nicely when I took it out of the tin (although it did take over an hour in the oven to cook!) and it smells delicious, I can't wait to try it later!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Coronavirus lockdown diary weeks 11 & 12

After three months, tomorrow marks the start of shops reopening. As much as I'd like to look round, I think there will be long queues an...