Thursday 22 August 2013

Afternoon Tea

Last week I mentioned that I was going for my first Afternoon Tea experience. I was really looking forward to it, but unfortunately it wasn't very impressive, with a poor and limited selection of sandwiches, cakes which looked like they were straight out of a Tesco packet and being seated at a coffee table which was really uncomfortable for eating. A few days later we went to M&S for a quick lunch and discovered their Afternoon Tea for 2 package - sandwiches, scones, tea and tartlets - for just £10. You choose your sandwiches and scones, and although it was a little plainer with no choice of cakes I think it was good value for money. The only thing I missed was having it arranged nicely on a cake stand like the advertisement, which was a little disappointing, but having read other reviews online it seems that most M&S cafes do serve afternoon tea on a pretty stand.

My first Afternoon Tea Experience

P.s. I've also discovered a love of instagram - better late than never!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Coronavirus lockdown diary weeks 11 & 12

After three months, tomorrow marks the start of shops reopening. As much as I'd like to look round, I think there will be long queues an...