Monday 1 October 2012

Monday Brunch Waffles

This morning I decided to try out my new waffle maker which I picked up in Lidl earlier this year for only £14.99, and I wasn't disappointed! The recipe included in the box asked for 5 eggs and 500g of flour so I only used 1/5 of the ingredients and it still made 6 large waffles.
We topped them with chocolate spread and strawberries from the garden, delicious!
Recipe (adjusted to make 6):
50g Margarine or Butter
40g Sugar
1/4 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Egg
100g Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
75ml Milk

Stir the margarine/butter until foamy. Add the sugar, vanilla essence and egg and stir. Blend in the flour and baking powder. Stirring constantly, gradually mix in the milk. Beat the mixture for 2-3 minutes with a hand mixer.

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! This is one of my favourite blogs :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Coronavirus lockdown diary weeks 11 & 12

After three months, tomorrow marks the start of shops reopening. As much as I'd like to look round, I think there will be long queues an...