Wednesday 20 February 2013

Chanel 'Le Vernis' Nail Colour Review

For my last birthday I was lucky enough to receive a Chanel nail varnish which had been on my wishlist for some time. It is a versatile light pink shade, named as 'ballerina', and here's what I thought of it:

The Pros:
- It is a lovely colour and leaves a shiny gloss finish on your nails, giving a salon-manicure look
- It is easy to apply, and applies with no streaks

The Cons:
- The biggest negative for me was how durable it was, (or wasn't). I've worn it a few times now and the longest it has lasted without chipping is just a day, and the shortest is a few hours. It chipped far too easily once it was dry.
- It took several coats of polish to obtain a solid, noticeable colour, which meant it took a long time to dry completely and was easily smudged in the mean time.

For me, when you consider the high price tag (approx £20) for a bottle of nail varnish, the quality just does not match up to what I would expect from such a well-known brand, and having searched for other reviews of the Chanel Nail Polish, it seems to be the consensus. Whilst I was thrilled to receive the nail varnish, I don't think it will be joining my regular make-up purchases when it runs out, as although I love the colour and glossy appearance, this does not make up for it lasting for such short lengths of time, and considering how much I like my chanel foundation, overall I am disappointed with the quality of this particular product.


P.s...today the resident pheasant learned a new trick...if no food has been put out for him he knocks on the glass with his beak to demand the situation be rectified immediately! I don't think it'll be long before he's venturing in the house to help himself to breakfast, lunch and dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Coronavirus lockdown diary weeks 11 & 12

After three months, tomorrow marks the start of shops reopening. As much as I'd like to look round, I think there will be long queues an...