Thursday 2 May 2013

Recent bakes...banoffee pie, white chocolate tartlets and savoury parcels ♥

I've been busy baking the past few weeks and trying out new recipes from old recipe books. Taking inspiration from my mum's mediterranean cookery book I tried a savoury dish for a change and tried a recipe for 'borek' (aka filo parcels). It's a simple recipe with cheeses and egg combined and then wrapped in filo pastry in triangle shapes. It's easy to make if a little time consuming and the parcels were delicious both hot from the oven and cool the next day. I've since tried a new variation of squash, spinach and feta pastries and have got a few in the freezer as they're ideal for a quick snack or picnic lunch.


I then went back to my trusty dessert recipe book and tried out the recipe for white chocolate tartlets, which I've been meaning to try for ages. It's a simple recipe with a basic pastry shell and white chocolate, vanilla and cream filling but they looked lovely.


Encouraged by how easy the tartlets were to make I then tried making banoffee pie. It was a little trickier to get the pastry into the dish neatly but it wasn't too bad for a first attempt and then it was simply covering the pastry with caramel, sliced bananas, whipped cream and flaked chocolate. I haven't tried it yet as it's still in the fridge for dessert this evening but it looks yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Coronavirus lockdown diary weeks 11 & 12

After three months, tomorrow marks the start of shops reopening. As much as I'd like to look round, I think there will be long queues an...