Sunday 8 November 2015

DIY French style chair reupholstery

About two years ago(!) I posted about my DIY project to reupholster an old dining room chair and transform it into a chic French style bedroom chair. I can finally say I've finished it and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out:

Before:

After:

The total cost of the transformation was under £15 as I had a bargain with the fabric - it was one half of a curtain set from Dunelm that had been used on a display, but the other had had got lost, so the remaining curtain was reduced down to £1 - much cheaper than buy fabric of the same size off the roll. I bought a sample pot of paint from Laura Ashley for just under £3 and the fabric I used to cover the underneath of the chair was only about £2 as it was the end of the roll and the trim was less than £2. The most expensive part was the seat pad which came in at around £5.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Coronavirus lockdown diary weeks 11 & 12

After three months, tomorrow marks the start of shops reopening. As much as I'd like to look round, I think there will be long queues an...