Sunday 19 January 2014

2014

I can't quite believe how long it has been since my last post, work has been hectic and the weekends are just flying by. Christmas seemed to pass in the blink of an eye this year, although it was lovely all the same. Some of the festive highlights were a day trip to Paris with my mum, a trip to pick out a gorgeous tree from a farm, making a wreath and a delicious Christmas Day feast. I was also very lucky to receive some lovely Christmas presents, including the Modalu Somerset Handbag and Dior Addict Eau Sensuelle.
Modalu Somerset 


For the New Year I headed up to London and rang in 2014 with my mum, dad and boyfriend at Somerset House. It was great to have a clear view of the fireworks without having to queue for hours but it was still a long wait from when we arrived at 8pm, I was half asleep by midnight!

Now we're halfway through January and I still haven't made any resolutions or really thought about the year ahead. I'd like to get healthier but that won't be easy whilst work is so stressful, sometimes only chocolate will do! Ideally I'd like a new job, but I think I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place as far as that goes for the time being. I'm still training so opportunities are few and far between, although I wouldn't oppose a complete change in direction it would be a big decision to make.

In the meantime however I'll be posting about my January Sales haul, (I'm thinking February would be a really good time to impose a spending ban!), my spring/summer make up and fashion wish-lists and reviewing the many beauty products I picked up in the legendary Boots 70% sale!

Happy 2014 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Coronavirus lockdown diary weeks 11 & 12

After three months, tomorrow marks the start of shops reopening. As much as I'd like to look round, I think there will be long queues an...